use of information by companies that Melissa Paul Ltd. Does not control, nor
by individuals not employed or managed by Melissa Paul Ltd. If you
as well before providing the site with information.
GDPR COMPLIANCE Our policy complies with American law accordingly implemented, including what is required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
What we do with your personally identifiable information. It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address;
- Your Melissa Paul Ltd. user ID and password, if requested;
- Any account-preference information you provide us;
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet; and
- Session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
-----as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered,
such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products or
materials you have ordered or requested;
-----in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
-----as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
-----to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
-----as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
-----as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Melissa Paul Ltd., its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Melissa Paul Ltd. uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION USERS
Melissa Paul Ltd.’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
You must be at least 13 years old to use Melissa Paul Ltd.’s website(s) and service(s). Melissa Paul does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.) The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
This website does not offer any professional legal advice. Make sure to consult with a professional attorney before implementing any legal advice.
We offer the opportunity for you to volunteer certain information to us that is used for email and marketing purposes. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from any future communications via email, but we reserve the right to maintain a database of past email subscribers. Your information will be shared with reasonably necessary parties for the ordinary course of conducting our business, such as through Facebook ads.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?